At the meeting ground of the Snake and Clearwater Rivers, Lewiston, Idaho, boasts some of the best weather for visitors. With various attractions located inside and outside, people can enjoy activities geared for every age. For a day trip, we suggest:
- Hell’s Gate State Park is a small state park that serves as the entrance to Hell’s Canyon, the deepest canyon in North America. Visitors can fish, hike, boat and view wildlife, as well as visit a Lewis and Clark discovery museum.
- The Nez Perce National Park is a unique park in that it has 38 different sites throughout four different states in the Northwest. The various sites honor the Nez Perce Indians who lived on the sites. With many areas featuring museums of various historical artifacts, visitors can see how the former inhabitants used to live.
- Asotin County Family Aquatic Center is a family-friendly gathering place where visitors can enjoy an outdoor waterpark with water slides and a lazy river, as well as an indoor pool with a hot tub and sauna.
- The Modie Park Conservatory focuses on being an outdoor classroom for visitors to discover the area around them. The park features a fitness path, butterfly garden, interpretative center and habitat area.
- The Nez Perce County Historical Society, Inc. and Museum covers the history of the Nez Perce Indians in the area and, in particular, their interactions with Lewis and Clark.